Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Good week for the Wii!

You might be wondering why I think this is a good week for the Wii and well its simple. The highly popular streaming service Netflix has finally landed on the Wii. Now, having Netflix on a video game console isn't a new idea, and most people would argue that the Netflix version for the Xbox is better since you don't need to put in a disc each time. But here is are the reasons why I like the Netflix version better.

  1. I rent a house, so this means no wired backbone for internet, so its a pain to hook my laptop up to my Xbox to stream Netflix, and I would say that 30% of the time I have to restart my Xbox in order to log in into my Gold account. Fortunately the wii is wireless..so this means no more connection hassle.
  2. no gold account requirement
  3. I don't have a HD TV, so not being able to stream HD content is of no concern.
  4. While this is probably a fixable issue, Often my Call of duty friends will see me my Netflix status on Xbox live and I will have to hear constant harassment about how I don't play with them 24/7.
  5. I can use the Wii pointer to select objects, not huge bonus, but kinda nice.
  6. I think I actually like the Wii interface the best out of the 4 devices I've used Netflix on.
I will finally end this short blog post to say that Netflix on the Wii is awesome and now i might actually play some of my unbeaten games again. Now if only the Wii could play DVDs hack free...

No comments:

Post a Comment